FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the FMCA Reversing Cognitive Decline (RCD) Training for Health Coaches
Who can take the FMCA Reversing Cognitive Decline (RCD) Training for Health Coaches?
The FMCA Training for Health Coaches is open to anyone who wants to understand The Bredesen Protocol, including caregivers and family members. To become a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner, however, you will also need to be a Certified Health Coach from one of the following NBHWC-approved programs: https://nbhwc.org/approved-programs.
Please know that to become a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner with AHNP, your coaching certification MUST BE INCLUDED in the NBHWC list of approved coaching programs: https://nbhwc.org/approved-programs, otherwise you are ineligible.
AHNP proudly partners with the FMCA—and we recommend The Functional Medicine Coaching Academy’s Health Coach Certification program, which is NBHWC-approved.
Is this the only practitioner training offered?
Yes, we currently offer one training: Health Coaches through The Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (FMCA).
This on-demand, online model allows you to learn and absorb information at your leisure and wherever there is an Internet connection. You have 6 months to complete the FMCA RCD Training for Health Coaches.
Practitioner training for Physicians and licensed Medical Professionals is temporarily on hold, as we make plans to change training platforms. Please let us know if you would like to be added to the Training Waitlist, and we will notify you once this training is available.
Are there any fees for practitioners to practice The Bredesen Protocol beyond the price of practitioner training?
The only fee for Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners is the cost of training. Fees for the use of the ReCODE Report proprietary software are covered by the ReVERSE participant’s $75 monthly subscription fee. Additional participant fees depend on Practitioner Pricing (office visit, data management, and/or program price fees set by you), the cost of required testing, and the cost of the supplement recommendations made by the ReCODE Report.
Do you offer student or group/family discounts? What about for clinic staff?
We do not offer discounts for practitioner training. Please know that access to the training cannot be shared—course materials, content, and NBHWC Continuing Education hours are provided to individual registrants only. Staff members who work at the same clinic must sign up individually and take the practitioner training separately.
What should I do with my FMCA RCD completion certificate?
Please email both your FMCA certificate of completion for the Reversing Cognitive Decline (RCD) Training for Health Coaches course AND a copy of your Health Coaching certification* to: email@example.com and we’ll send instructions explaining how to sign up for a Practitioner ReCODE Report account.
*Certified Health Coaches must present a certificate from an NBHWC-approved coaching program: https://nbhwc.org/approved-programs.
What are the next steps once I complete the practitioner training?
First, please see above: What should I do with my FMCA RCD completion certificate…
Once we receive copies of your FMCA RCD completion certificate and Health Coaching Certification:
(1) You'll receive an email with instructions explaining how to set up your Practitioner ReCODE Report account.
(2) For account approval, you must first complete all sign-up questions, including clinic details, and upload copies of your:
- Certificate of Completion from the FMCA RCD Training for Coaches
- Health Coaching certificate from an NBHWC-approved program: https://nbhwc.org/approved-programs
(3) Your Practitioner ReCODE Report account gives you access to:
- Monthly Town Hall Videos hosted by Dr. Bredesen
- Town Hall Video archives for practitioners and participants
- Practitioner ReCODE Report Resources
- Exclusive Participant Guides
(4) Once your Practitioner Pricing has been submitted and approved by our Onboarding Team, you then gain the ability to:
- Confirm participant referrals
- Generate ReCODE Reports for ReVERSE participants
- Track progress as ReVERSE participants explore integrated brain-training and cognitive assessment technologies using BrainHQ and CNS Vital Signs
How do I incorporate The Bredesen Protocol into my practice now that I’ve completed the practitioner training?
After your Practitioner ReCODE Report account is approved, we’ll invite you to schedule a group call with a New Practitioner Support team member to discuss the basic process and the nuances of Practitioner Pricing.
Can I see a sample ReCODE Report™?
Sample ReCODE Reports and other practice tools are only available to practitioners after training is completed—and your Practitioner ReCODE Report account has been approved.
How often will labs be run?
You will need a baseline ReCODE Report to accurately estimate. To help participants economize, we recommend repeating tests that are out of optimum range. Additional testing may be necessary, based on what a ReCODE Report uncovers, or to reassess after treatment has started. To track progress, ReCODE Reports should be run every six months at a minimum. For acute cases, new reports may be generated quarterly, or more frequently as you deem necessary. ReCODE Reports now include color-coded Result Data, indicating Optimal values for The Bredesen Protocol in green, Suboptimal in gold, and Abnormal in red. This color-coding helps to track progress over time by showing which values need to be worked on and retested in follow-up ReCODE Reports.
Can I use material from the practitioner training or from the website to teach a class? Can I post it on my website or social media?
No. All content, including training materials, practice tools and resources posted to https://app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new are protected by intellectual property law. Any misuse will be pursued in a court of law.
Can I see the practitioner locations map to see who’s practicing The Bredesen Protocol in my area?
Our closed referral system means that access to the Find A Practitioner map is only gained through an active (paid) One-Time ReCODE Report account or ReVERSE (monthly program) account. If you have a patient or loved one to whom you’d like to recommend The Bredesen Protocol, please ask them to visit www.apollohealthco.com or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send them information on how to get started.
What is a Cognoscopy?
Using the proprietary ReCODE Report software, a cognoscopy is a scientific inquiry conducted by a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner to evaluate a patient’s risk factors and contributors to cognitive decline. This includes blood and genetic testing, cognitive assessments, MRI volumetrics, and participant health-history data.
• LifeSeasons® Supplements
AHNP has partnered with LifeSeasons® to take the guesswork out of the supplementation regimen for The Bredesen Protocol, as recommended by a personalized ReCODE Report. This line includes a boxed set of four core products—Daily Multivitamin, Daily Omegas, Daily Probiotics and Daily Balance; as well as six formulas uniquely designed to personalize the protocol by subtype (inflammatory, glycotoxic, atrophic, toxic, vascular, and traumatic).
These new formulations cut the pill number by 75 percent.
Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners can now sign up for an account with LifeSeasons® and begin to distribute these formulas to participants.
NOTE: The ReCODE Report has been modified to take into account these new supplement recommendations for participants located in the US. For International participants, please refer your participants to Cytoplan Supplements.
• Cytoplan Supplements
What is the estimated cost of supplements for patients/participants?
AHNP has a longstanding partnership with Cytoplan, www.cytoplan.co.uk, an English charitable trust that provides high-quality supplements to the public at an affordable price—and International participants can order directly. The supplement program for each participant is highly individualized and is based on the Personalized Synaptic Support section of the ReCODE Report (for participants located outside of the US) and your recommendations as practitioner. The cost of supplements for participants can range from $150-$450/month, depending on all factors—participants are encouraged to comparison shop—so it is difficult to provide an “average” cost.
How can practitioners receive a percentage of the sale of supplements?
Cytoplan www.cytoplan.co.uk has an optional commission system for practitioners who choose to open a trade account. A trade account with Cytoplan entitles you to the following:
- All products at trade prices
- Recommended Retail Price (RRP) less 40 percent exc VAT, if applicable
- Eligibility for all trade offers as per the Practitioners price list
- Receive free shipping on U.S. orders over £250 (approx. $318 USD)
- Receive half-price shipping on Australia / New Zealand orders over £250 (approx. $447 AUD / $471 NZD)
- Receive 33 percent commission on the total order value of all recommended clients
- Benefit from technical advice and information on their website
Purchase goods to hold as stock for resale to patients—and you will be charged trade prices as normal.
If you choose to use the commission system, please advise their sales team before referring participants to Cytoplan.
Please let their sales team know:
- If you would like to receive commission from your clients’ total order values
- If you prefer NOT to receive commission from your clients’ total order values
- How much, if any, of the commission would you like to accept (up to 33percent)?
- How much, if any, of the commission would you like to pass onto your clients as a discount (choose 10 percent or 33 percent)?
- All clients are required to have separate accounts of their own and will pay full retail price.
- Upon request and set up of their accounts, your clients will be linked directly to your trade account by your name.
- To enable Cytoplan to capture your clients and link them directly to you, they will provide you with a 10-percent discount voucher code to distribute to your clients that will automatically link their account to yours.
Cytoplan will pay commission when a minimum threshold of £100 ($130 USD) has been reached. Please note this does not indicate you are an employee of Cytoplan and you are therefore responsible for any tax due on this payment.
Your commission is calculated on a 6-monthly basis and paid into your bank account by BACS (Bacs Payment Schemes Limited). You are free to request a monthly report to track your commission for accounting purposes.
An IBAN number is required to administer this transaction.
The supplement company will not pay commission unless an account is confirmed and contains all the relevant fields listed in the trade application form.
If bank details are not supplied, any accrued commission will be held for a period of 6 months hereafter all commission entitlements will be written off.