FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the One-time ReCODE Report
What is a ReCODE Report?
A ReCODE Report™ or Cognoscopy is a highly individualized evaluation of your cognitive health—an assessment based on blood panel results ordered by our lab affiliates, your personal and medical history information and your scores on an inventory of assessments.
The ReCODE Report is generated from a specific set of 140+ factors, including labs and genetic testing curated by Dr. Bredesen to sufficiently test in all five categories to accurately identify each participant’s Alzheimer’s Subtype: (1) insulin resistance (2) inflammation/infections (3) hormone, nutrient and trophic factor optimization(4) toxins (chemical, biological and physical) and (5) restoration and protection of lost synapses.
The ReCODE Report provides a snapshot of the contributing factors in the participant’s cognitive decline—or risk factors that might lead to cognitive decline for those in the REVERSE monthly program.
The goal is not simply to normalize metabolic parameters—but optimize them; the results of the ReCODE Report highlight the participant’s primary areas of concern and offers personalized treatment recommendations in line with that contributing factor/subtype, including additional testing suggestions, supplement recommendations, nutritional advice and more.
What is a One-time ReCODE Report?
The One-time ReCODE Report is an abbreviated panel compared to test results analyzed by the original ReCODE Report (monthly ReVERSE program). The One-time ReCODE Report includes sufficient testing in all five categories* to accurately identify each participant’s subtype—and offers treatment recommendations in line with that subtype. Depending on the subtype and findings of the ReCODE Report, your Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner may recommend that more testing is necessary to determine the course of action with regard to treatment.
* (1) insulin resistance (2) inflammation/infections (3) hormone, nutrient and trophic factor optimization (4) toxins (chemical, biological and physical) and (5) restoration and protection of lost synapses.
One-time ReCODE Reports are accessible through your https://app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new account 15 to 20 business days after the lab draws.
The One-time ReCODE Report is a reference for participants and their Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners or own physician.
We highly recommend consulting a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner to review and interpret your report.
ReCODE Reports may be viewed online, downloaded in PDF-file format and printed from your home computer. Please print-out the report to review with a Qualified ReCODE Report Practitioner.
What is included in the cost of the One-time ReCODE Report?
The cost of the One-time ReCODE Report ($1399) includes all necessary lab testing and analyses to generate 1 baseline ReCODE Report,plus limited access to our network of Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners.
If you would like to consult* with a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner to provide guidance on how to proceed after your baseline ReCODE Report has been generated, please access our practitioner map in the portal under Find a Practitioner.
*Please note that the One-time ReCODE Report does not include a consultation with a trained practitioner to interpret your results.Any costs incurred by consulting with the practitioner will be out-of-pocket.
How can I get a One-time ReCODE Report?
Available in the United States.
The One-time ReCODE Report includes the blood and genetic testing necessary to run a baseline report that acts as the basis for your health plan. The cost is $1399 and does notrequire your doctor or a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner to order the blood labs for you—and you can generate your report at your own pace. More information can be found at our website www.apollohealthco.com/solution/recode.
Benefits of a ReCODE Report or One-time ReCODE Report
- Analysis of Participant Lab/Documentation data produces an organized list of what may be causing cognitive decline (in order of most concern, by subtype).
- If a particular subtype has been identified, treatment recommendations in line with this subtype are included in the ReCODE Report—including recommendations for: hormone support, supplements, reading list, nutritional guidelines, list of additional labs/documentation to consider for follow-up ReCODE Reports to track progress, plus a color-coded Raw Results Page that indicates which values are optimal, suboptimal, abnormal. This color-coding makes it easy to see what needs to be worked on to achieve optimal target ranges for The Bredesen Protocol*.
- Running subsequent ReCODE Reports helps the participant track progress over time—and the Report offers treatment recommendations based on the analysis of the participant’s data using the algorithm for The Bredesen Protocol. We are creator-supported, and Dr. Bredesen does offer consults to Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners. By providing this data, Dr. Bredesen can offer his recommendation on a specific case. Dr. Bredesen does not see patients directly.
*All advice recommended in the ReCODE Report should be followed under the guidance and approval of a Physician. Certain underlying conditions or those on certain medications may need additional consideration. Please follow the guidance and approval of a Physician when implementing the recommendations offered in the ReCODE Report.
Benefits of the One-time ReCODE Report
- The One-time ReCODE Report is a diagnostic resource for your cognitive health without the need to first select a practitioner or make further commitments.
- All lab tests required for an initial assessment are included in the cost and there is no need to go through a hospital, medical professional or insurance to order or receive these labs.
- Generate your One-time ReCODE Report at your own pace and convenience.
- Once all of your labs and assessments are completed, your personalized ReCODE Report is genereated and will be visible through on your AHNP Account.
Can I add or remove testing to the One-time ReCODE Report blood panel?
No testing can be added or removed from the baseline One-time ReCODE Report blood panel. We are unable to accept results from previous testing for data analysis in generating your personalized One-time ReCODE Report.
For the possibility to utilize any existing testing, or add any additional lab/documentation, please see the information regarding the ReVERSE (monthly program).
Once you have found a practitioner that you would like to work with (after signing up for an active ReVERSE monthly account), call them to make an appointment and then log into app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new, click on Find a Practitioner, find your provider in a map search, and click Select Practitioner. This will send your practitioner a notification to confirm you. Once this connection has been made in our system, your practitioner will gain access to the ReCODE Report software and run your personalized ReCODE Report, based on the results of the medical testing that your practitioner has ordered.
If I live abroad can I still get the One-time ReCODE Report?
The One-time ReCODE Report is only available to participants in the U.S.
For participants visiting the U.S from abroad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how gain access to a One-time ReCODE Report.
If I live abroad can I still get a ReCODE Report?
Yes, internationally, only our Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners can run your personalized ReCODE Report, and only after you’ve signed up for an active Participant ReVERSE (monthly) account and then select them in our system.
Our Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners can work in conjunction with your physician, as long as your physician is willing to order the necessary tests (determined by one of our practitioners on an initial intake visit, based on your detailed medical and family histories, current health conditions and concerns). The test results will need to be shared with our Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner, who can then run your personalized ReCODE Report and work with you to implement the nutrition and lifestyle changes necessary to fully implement The Bredesen Protocol.
Will my primary-care physician receive my ReCODE Report or know that I have enrolled with Apollo Health?
Apollo Health is HIPAA compliant and will not share your ReCODE Report results or personal information with anyone other than the third parties mentioned below.
REVERSE (monthly program)
The third-parties that have access to your information are the practitioners that you select in our system to enable their access to your ReCODE Report. Also, BrainHQ will have the data they collect from the brain-training exercises. No other parties will have access to your information.
ONE-TIME RECODE REPORT
If you choose to use our Lab services, under the One-time ReCODE Report, your information will be provided to a third-party lab partner (Quest, Exam One and Premier Laboratory Services).
Do you accept insurance? Can I pay with FSA/HSA?
The One-time ReCODE Report is currently not covered by Medicare or insurance and cannot be paid for through FSA or HSA accounts.
For the possibility to receive testing reimbursement from Medicare or insurance, please see the information regarding the ReVERSE monthly program.
Insurance acceptance is up to each individual practitioner for clinic fees. Medicare and commercial insurance may cover some of the testing for the ReVERSE monthly program.
I have my One-time ReCODE Report and reviewed it with a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner. How do I move forward with this practitioner and AHNP?
After your One-time ReCODE Report is generated, if you’d like to review and interpret the results with a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner and then start The Bredesen Protocol by signing up for the ReVERSE (monthly) program, please follow these directions:
- Find a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner by using the Find a Practitioner map tool on our website by logging into app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new and selecting the Find a Practitioner link on the left side of your dashboard. You may also write to: email@example.com for customized suggestions for practitioners in your area.
- Call the practitioner to make an appointment to review your One-time ReCODE Report. This consultation is not included with the purchase of the One-time ReCODE Report. Please ask the practitioner about their fees or costs associated with booking this appointment—and ask about additional costs, if you’d like to move forward with the (monthly) ReVERSE program. You can review your One-time ReCODE Report at this appointment and see if the practitioner would be a good fit for you on the ReVERSE monthly program. Please bring a print-out of your One-time ReCODE Report to review and interpret results with your practitioner.
- After your appointment, if you’d like to start The Bredesen Protocol, please sign up for a ReVERSE account (monthly program).
- The cost for the monthly ReVERSE program is $75 per month for a 1-year commitment (12 payments)—or $900 per year. The monthly program allows your practitioner to run unlimited reports to monitor your progress after you’ve implemented any treatment recommendations. Your practitioner may order retests or additional testing to further analyze your symptoms and better customize your protocol.
- If you sign up for the monthly ReVERSE program after purchasing the One-time ReCODE Report, you receive the first 4 months free / at no charge. ($75 x 4 months = $300 savings)
All practitioners listed on our website have completed their training and are certified to implement and follow The Bredesen Protocol.
Please know you are responsible for any fees the practitioner may charge for the ReVERSE monthly account, including but not limited to consultation and lab fees. Make sure to ask questions and agree to their fees before making an appointment.
How long will it take to generate my personalized One-time ReCODE Report after I sign up?
After you complete your account sign-up and payment, it takes approximately 1-2 business days before your lab order is transferred to the appropriate lab partner database.
Once this occurs, you will receive blood draw appointment scheduling instructions and you may schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Please DO NOT schedule an appointment prior to receiving these email instructions.
If you have not received the blood draw instructions, it means your lab order has not yet been transferred to our lab partners. Scheduling a blood draw appointment without a successful lab transfer may result in delays and erroneous charges.
Results for the One-time ReCODE Report generally have a turnaround time of approximately 15 to 20 business days after the completion of the blood draw.
Can I change my mind and get a refund for the One-time ReCODE Report?
Refunds are only given to participants who have not yet received a blood draw.