FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the ReCODE Labs (Purchased Directly Through Apollo Health)
What is a ReCODE Report?
A ReCODE Report™ or Cognoscopy is a highly individualized evaluation of your cognitive health—an assessment based on blood panel results ordered by our lab affiliates, your personal and medical history information and your scores on an inventory of assessments.
The ReCODE Report is generated from a specific set of 150+ factors, including labs and genetic testing curated by Dr. Bredesen to sufficiently test in all five categories to accurately identify each participant’s Alzheimer’s Subtype: (1) insulin resistance (2) inflammation/infections (3) hormone, nutrient and trophic factor optimization(4) toxins (chemical, biological and physical) and (5) restoration and protection of lost synapses.
The ReCODE Report provides a snapshot of the contributing factors in the participant’s cognitive decline—or risk factors that might lead to cognitive decline for those in the REVERSE monthly program.
The goal is not simply to normalize metabolic parameters—but optimize them; the results of the ReCODE Report highlight the participant’s primary areas of concern and offers personalized treatment recommendations in line with that contributing factor/subtype, including additional testing suggestions, supplement recommendations, nutritional advice and more.
What is the ReCODE Labs (purchased directly through Apollo Health)?
The ReCODE Labs (Purchased directly through Apollo Health) is an abbreviated panel compared to test results analyzed by the original ReCODE Report (monthly ReCODE program). The ReCODE Labs (Purchased directly through Apollo Health) includes sufficient testing in all five categories* to accurately identify each participant’s subtype—and offers treatment recommendations in line with that subtype. Depending on the subtype and findings of the ReCODE Report, your ReCODE practitioner may recommend that more testing is necessary to determine the course of action with regard to treatment.
* (1) insulin resistance (2) inflammation/infections (3) hormone, nutrient and trophic factor optimization (4) toxins (chemical, biological and physical) and (5) restoration and protection of lost synapses.
ReCODE Reports (from labs purchased directly through Apollo Health) are accessible through your https://app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new account 10 to 15 business days after the lab draws.
The ReCODE Report is a reference for participants and their ReCODE practitioner(s) or own physician.
We highly recommend consulting a ReCODE practitioner to review and interpret your ReCODE Report.
ReCODE Reports may be viewed online, downloaded in PDF-file format and printed from your home computer. Please print-out the report to review with a ReCODE Practitioner. You can also "select" the practitioner on the Find a Practitioner map, and once they "confirm" the participant, the practitioner gains access to the participant's pre-existing ReCODE Report on the Apollo Health system.
What is included in the cost ReCODE Labs (purchased directly through Apollo Health)?
The cost of the ReCODE labs purchased through Apollo Health ($1090) includes all necessary lab testing and analyses to generate 1 baseline ReCODE Report, plus unlimited access to our network of ReCODE practitioners.
If you would like to consult* with a ReCODE practitioner to provide guidance on how to proceed after your baseline ReCODE Report has been generated, please access our practitioner map in the portal under Find a Practitioner.
*Please note that the One-time ReCODE Report does not include a consultation with a trained practitioner to interpret your results.Any costs incurred by consulting with the practitioner will be out-of-pocket.
How can I get a One-time ReCODE Report?
Available in the United States.
The One-time ReCODE Report includes the blood and genetic testing necessary to run a baseline report that acts as the basis for your health plan. The cost is $1090 and does not require your doctor or a Qualified ReCODE Report practitioner to order the blood labs for you—and you can generate your report at your own pace. More information can be found at our website www.apollohealthco.com/solution/recode.
Benefits of a ReCODE Report or One-time ReCODE Report
- Analysis of Participant Lab/Documentation data produces an organized list of what may be causing cognitive decline (in order of most concern, by subtype).
- If a particular subtype has been identified, treatment recommendations in line with this subtype are included in the ReCODE Report—including recommendations for: hormone support, supplements, reading list, nutritional guidelines, list of additional labs/documentation to consider for follow-up ReCODE Reports to track progress, plus a color-coded Raw Results Page that indicates which values are optimal, suboptimal, abnormal. This color-coding makes it easy to see what needs to be worked on to achieve optimal target ranges for The Bredesen Protocol*.
- Running subsequent ReCODE Reports helps the participant track progress over time—and the Report offers treatment recommendations based on the analysis of the participant’s data using the algorithm for The Bredesen Protocol. We are creator-supported, and Dr. Bredesen does offer consults to Qualified ReCODE Report practitioners. By providing this data, Dr. Bredesen can offer his recommendation on a specific case. Dr. Bredesen does not see patients directly.
*All advice recommended in the ReCODE Report should be followed under the guidance and approval of a Physician. Certain underlying conditions or those on certain medications may need additional consideration. Please follow the guidance and approval of a Physician when implementing the recommendations offered in the ReCODE Report.
Benefits of the One-time ReCODE Report
- The One-time ReCODE Report is a diagnostic resource for your cognitive health without the need to first select a practitioner or make further commitments.
- All lab tests required for an initial assessment are included in the cost and there is no need to go through a hospital, medical professional or insurance to order or receive these labs.
- Generate your One-time ReCODE Report at your own pace and convenience.
- Once all of your labs and assessments are completed, your personalized ReCODE Report is genereated and will be visible through on your AHNP Account.
Can I add or remove testing to the ReCODE labs blood panel (purchased directly through Apollo Health)?
No testing can be added or removed from the ReCODE labs blood panel (purchased directly through Apollo Health). We are unable to accept results from previous testing for data analysis (for baseline blood and genome tests) in generating your personalized ReCODE Report (from labs purchased directly through Apollo Health), however, data points considered optional can be added in the data entry panel (by the participant) some time between the labs purchase and when the participant generate the ReCODE Report (after labs have resulted, and the participant has completed the data entry panels, including the Assessments panel).
To order any optional testing, or add any additional lab/documentation, please locate and contact a ReCODE practitioner.
Once you have found a ReCODE practitioner that you would like to work with (after signing up for an active ReCODE monthly account), call them to make an appointment and then log into app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new, click on Find a Practitioner, find your provider in a map search, and click "Select Practitioner." This will send your practitioner a notification to "confirm" you. Once this connection has been made in our system, your practitioner will gain access to the ReCODE Report software and run your personalized ReCODE Report, based on the results of the medical testing that your practitioner has ordered.
If I live abroad can I still purchase the ReCODE labs (directly through Apollo Health)?
The option to purchase the ReCODE labs (directly through Apollo Health) is only available to participants in the U.S.
For active ReCODE participants visiting the U.S. from abroad, please email email@example.com for instructions on how gain access to the ReCODE labs (purchased directly through Apollo Health).
If I live abroad can I still get a ReCODE Report?
Yes, internationally, only our ReCODE practitioners can run your personalized ReCODE Report, and only after you’ve signed up for an active ReCODE (monthly program) account and then "select" the practitioner in our system.
Our ReCODE practitioners can work in-conjunction with your physician, as long as your physician is willing to order the necessary tests (determined by one of our practitioners on an initial intake visit, based on your detailed medical and family histories, current health conditions, and concerns). The test results will need to be shared with our ReCODE practitioner, who can then run your personalized ReCODE Report (including the analysis of your results to the baseline cognitive assessments—available on the My Assessments page, for active ReCODE participant accounts) and work with you to implement the nutrition and lifestyle changes necessary to fully implement The Bredesen Protocol.
Will my primary-care physician receive my ReCODE Report or know that I have enrolled with Apollo Health?
Apollo Health is HIPAA compliant and will not share your ReCODE Report results or personal information with anyone other than the third parties mentioned below.
ReCODE (monthly program)
The third-parties that have access to your information are the practitioners that you select in our system to enable their access to your ReCODE Report. Also, BrainHQ (will have the data they collect from the brain-training exercises), and CNS Vital Signs (Behavioral and Cognitive Assessment tool integrated into our website— will have the data they collect from these assessments taken on our website). No other parties will have access to your information.
ReCODE LABS (PURCHASED THROUGH APOLLO HEALTH)
If you choose to purchase the ReCODE labs through Apollo Health, your information will also be provided to our third-party lab partners (Quest, Exam One, and Premier Laboratory Services). This option to purchase the ReCODE labs through Apollo Health is currently only available in the U.S.
Do you accept insurance? Can I pay with FSA/HSA?
Labs purchased through Apollo Health are currently not covered by Medicare or insurance and cannot be paid for through FSA or HSA accounts.
For the possibility to receive testing reimbursement from Medicare or insurance, please see the information regarding the ReCODE monthly program and use the "Find a Practitioner" map to locate, contact, make an appointment, and then "select" the practitioner on the map tool. This connection will gain the practitioner to the ReCODE Report software and they can enter your test result data (along with your answers to the personal health and risk factor questions, and your results to the baseline cognitive assessments, available on the My Assessments page of your active ReCODE account) to generate your personalized ReCODE Report.
Insurance acceptance is up to each individual practitioner for clinic fees. Medicare and commercial insurance may cover some of the testing for the ReCODE monthly program.
I have purchased the labs through Apollo Health and have generated my personalized ReCODE Report and reviewed it with a ReCODE practitioner. How do I move forward with this practitioner and Apollo Health?
After your ReCODE Report is generated, if you’d like to review and interpret the results with a ReCODE practitioner and then start The Bredesen Protocol, please follow these directions to "select" your practitioner(s) in the Apollo Health system, from your active ReCODE (monthly program) account:
- Find a ReCODE practitioner by using the Find a Practitioner map tool on our website by logging into your ReCODE account (https://app.apollohealthco.com/logins/new) and clicking Find a Practitioner, using the left-hand navigation panel from your dashboard. You may also write to: firstname.lastname@example.org for customized suggestions for practitioners in your area.
- Call the practitioner to make an appointment to review your ReCODE Report. This consultation is not included with the labs purchased through Apollo Health. Please ask the practitioner about their fees or costs associated with booking this appointment—and ask about additional costs, if you’d like to move forward with the (monthly) ReCODE program. You can review your ReCODE Report at this appointment and see if the practitioner would be a good fit for you on the ReCODE monthly program. Please bring a print-out of your ReCODE Report to review and interpret results with your practitioner. You can also "select" the practitioner on the Find a Practitioner map, and once they "confirm" the participant, the practitioner gains access to the participant's pre-existing ReCODE Report on the Apollo Health system.
All practitioners listed on our website have completed their training and are certified to implement and follow The Bredesen Protocol.
Please know you are responsible for any fees the practitioner may charge for the ReCODE monthly account, including but not limited to consultation and lab fees. Make sure to ask questions and agree to their fees before making an appointment.
How long will it take to generate my personalized ReCODE Report after I purchase the ReCODE Labs (through Apollo Health)?
After you complete your account sign-up and payment, it takes approximately 3-5 business days before your lab order is transferred to the appropriate lab partner database.
Once this occurs, you will receive blood draw appointment scheduling instructions and you may schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Please DO NOT schedule an appointment prior to receiving these email instructions.
If you have not received the blood draw instructions, it means your lab order has not yet been transferred to our lab partners. Scheduling a blood draw appointment without a successful lab transfer may result in delays and erroneous charges.
Results for the ReCODE Report (labs purchased through Apollo Health) generally have a turnaround time of approximately 15 to 20 business days after the completion of the blood draw.
Can I change my mind and get a refund for the ReCODE Labs (purchased through Apollo Health)?
Refunds are only given to participants who have not yet received a blood draw.
How can I contact LifeSeasons about ReCODE Supplements?